Saturday, June 18, 2011

Tasty Skinny Margarita

Have I told you that I love Bethenny Frankel?  I think she is hilariously funny and I appreciate her raw honesty. I also think she has one smokin' hot bod! While I don't think her great figure is solely due to her Skinny Girl recipes and products, her marketing approach totally worked on me. So one sunny weekend afternoon I mixed up her recipe for the Skinny Girl Margartia, and much to my disappointment, I thought it was awful (straight tequila with a squeeze of lime - I haven't had a night like that since college)! So awful, in fact, that once her margarita mix made it big, I could not be convinced to buy it. Instead, I decided that I could come up with my own Skinny Margarita recipe. So, you know what? I did, and humbly I must say it is so much better (albeit probably has more calories) than the Skinny Girl Margarita. Sorry Bethenny. I guess ultimately the jokes on me, because she's laughing all the way to the bank!



Skinny Margarita
1 part white Tequila
1/2 part freshly squeezed lime juice
1 part soda water
A splash freshly squeezed orange juice
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar
Crush ice
Salt, if desired

Mix liquids in a cocktail shaker and serve of the crused ice in a salt rimmed glass. Enjoy!

2 comments: